Students must turn 4 years old by August 31st. The students eligible for this program must be a resident of the Basehor-Linwood School District and meet one of the following criteria:
- The family qualifies for the free lunch program.
- The custodial parent is unmarried at the time of enrollment.
- The student has been referred by the Division of Children’s Services for educational services.
- At least one parent was a teen when the student was born.
- At least one parent is lacking a GED or high school diploma at the time of enrollment.
- The student has limited English proficiency based on assessments.
- The student qualifies for services under the Migrant Education Program.
- The student is developmentally delayed based on assessments but not at the level of qualifying for special education services.
- Child experiencing homelessness
This program is funded through the State of Kansas and has limited spots available. Eligible students attend free of cost. Updated immunizations and birth certificates must be on file before the first day of school. Families will be required to verify eligibility. *Availability of this program is dependent on the final budget approved during the 2021 Legislative Session and the availability of funding.